1 1/2 cups Sunsweet Prune Juice
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
5 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
3/4 cup quartered Sunsweet Pitted Prunes
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
Vanilla ice cream, optional
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
1. Bring prune juice to a boil in a medium saucepan; cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
2. Stir in honey, cornstarch mixture, butter, cinnamon and cloves.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until very thick; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Stir apples and prunes into sauce mixture and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
6. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl. Mix in butter with your fingers until incorporated; sprinkle over apple-prune mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.